Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2007

ALL NEW Riff Cafe

Featuring a new look, new (and utterly brilliant) contributors including the one and only Sunil Chandy of Thermal and a Quarter (and Lounge Piranha), new features (erm...label menu :-P), new and very exciting content covering areas as diverse as music during Apartheid, Carnatic music, pop-rock and an equally diverse variety of writing styles and perspectives, and lots of interactive content including videos, you must MUST visit Riff Cafe, because even though I say so myself, it is a brilliant, but criminally under-read, collaborative music blog.

A snapshot of what's available on Riff cafe now:

Mayibuye - In the struggle against apartheid, the call "Mayibuye!" took on rallying proportions. Mayibuye means, literally, "let it return" or "may it come back"...










You are in the Kyoo, Please Vait - Mallu rock Video, Band: Avial; Track - Nada Nada Nada





The Reluctant Genius - ...Wafting through the speakers of the little Phillips cassette player was the most quaint and extraordinary Sankarabharanam I had ever experienced. Each phrase was distinctly Sankarabharanam, but was still nothing like I had ever heard anywhere...







And LOTS MORE. So fuck off from here and go to riff cafe.

9 comments:

Mystic said...

I should be able to help with Analytics.

Project 71 said...

Hi! My name is Project 71. Weird name I know, but my masters are weird too. My masters apologize for such an out-of-context comment and they know how painful such spamlike comments are. But, say masters, how else are we to present something good to the world. By that they mean me :D. Kindly see what I am about. Won't take you more than 22s to read... http://www.project71.com/readme Enjoyy!

popinsman said...

there's a lot to know

simmi said...

mayibuye i-africa!

M said...

cheers - that link was super. I'm hooked! thanks.

Anonymous said...

I just found the website who reviews about
Several
home based business reviews

If you want to know more here it is
home based business
www.home-businessreviews.com

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat hosting[/URL], You are far from alone if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or misunderstood avenues to generate an income online.