Pages

Thursday, March 02, 2006

EMI's the Complete Beatles Recording Sessions: The Official Story of the Abbey Road Years

M got me this book from Singapore some time back. When I got my hands on it, it was just a stupendously brilliant book and quite possibly the most perfect literary gift for someone like me (a Beatles fan, a sort-of musician and a wannabe sound engineer). And then I realised it's a rare out-of-print masterpiece that would cost me a bomb if I were to buy it off Amazon, so it's even cooler!

I don't know how she does it. Absolutely perfect gifts; sometimes reading my mind and figuring out what I want, sometimes just figuring out what I want before I know it myself. And the rubbish I've got her (and anyone else!).

3 comments:

simmi said...

Wow! my dad would be green with envy. I was raised on a staple diet of Beatles and Rolling Stone's, infused with Pete Seeger, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley etc. But Beatles ran of with the key to my dad's heart.
I need an M in my life too!
Is it 'Michelle my bell...'

Boomsa said...

Dear Mr. Smith,

You are a big strong intelligent funny wonderful SINGLE man. And you deserve wonderful friends who give you wonderful gifts.

Just a word of advice. Singlehood is wonderful wonderful. But big strong intelligent funny wonderful men like you, shouldn't be SINGLE for long. Find yourself a nice girl, will ya?

Smith said...

all i have to say is :-P